Thursday 3 October 2013

Faces Glam On Blush: For Instant glow

Hi Beauties,

Today I am reviewing a product from the clan of well known, FACES Canada Cosmetics Brand.
Since its entry in early 2009, Faces products are doing well in Indian market. I guess till date they have over 30 city presences (the exhaustive list is available at their website)
From my own experience I see that strong presence in retail and exclusive outlets across India is probably their major strength.

Read on to get a full blown review of the product ...

This particular product was bought just before one family wedding. I had to wear a Saree and a suitable blush was kind of the need of the hour. 


I did not have much choice of blushes at that time, so I had to hunt for an affordable blush that will work well on my normal to dry skin.
Actually I was always sceptical about using colour on my cheeks, as somewhere I read that one might end up looking like a clown if she doesn't put it on properly.

However, I skipped any powdered blushes as I wanted some glow on my face.

During my visit to a nearby FACES outlet I chanced upon this product and finalize this shade which I thought will suit well with my skin tone.I was not wrong at all.


FACES’s “Glam On blushes” are available in both crème and powder variants.
They have some 6 shades available in the market under Glam On collection.

Read on to know why I really like this product during some specific occasions ….




Product name: Faces Glam on Cream Blush Sun Kissed

Product Quantity: 3.5g

Product shelf life: 36 months

Product Price: 399 INR (you can get a good deal online)

Product Claims: “FACES GLAM ON Crème Blush is a cream based blush. It hydrates skin giving a moist and dewy feel and keeps you blushing for long hours. It is suitable for dry skin. It complements all skin tones and is ideal for dry skin.”

Active Ingredients: Light Liquid Paraffin, Octyl Palmitate, Capric, Triglyceride, Talc, Color( Note I could not get the full ingredient list anywhere)

Product packaging: It is a cute dark grey steel coloured pan with a shiny surface. The small pan is having click locks with a small mirror inside without any applicator.

Product colour: This is a peachy earthy shade with some finely milled golden shimmer into it.

Product texture: The texture is quite smooth and creamy that melts in cheeks with some dabbing by fingers.

My encounter with Faces Glam on Cream Blush Sun Kissed:
The first thing I noticed was its texture which was quiet smooth and could glide on the cheeks with ease.
However, as per their claim I did not find any hydrating effect on my cheeks though.
I like this particular shade for the festive and occasional seasons which kind of calls for my ethnic avatar.
This shade will suite most of the Indian skin tone and it can be used both in summers as well as winters due to its subtlety.

Since the product is having shimmers, I always prefer to wear during evening occasions. It gives my normal to dry skin an instant glow and much needed dewiness that I always look. Also it is not at all over powering if used properly.

Now the technique of using crème blush is generally to pat it with your fingers and blend it till you are satisfied with the pigment. Please do not use crème blush with brush as this can give you patchiness on your cheeks.
This can be layered with soft hands, but be careful to not to overdo it.
The only problem is its staying power as it does not stay beyond 2-3 hours on my dry skin which means I will need touch up.
I think this will have lesser longevity on oily skinned beauties.




Dupes: I couldn't fine any. Once I come across such shade shall update the same. In the mean time if you know such shade please share with me.



Conclusion:
  • The sleek and stylish packaging is travel friendly.
  • This comes with a small mirror for touch ups which is quiet helpful.
  • Good value for money.
  • It gives you that instant dewy look on your cheeks.
  • This shade is suitable for all Indian skin tone.
  • The blush is highly pigmented.
  • The product is highly available online and offline in India.
  • Since it’s a crème blush so takes a bit time to blend in your skin.
  • The product claims to be long lasting but on normal  to dry skin it stays for maximum 2-3 hours.
  • The product claims to be Hydrating which is debatable as I found none.
  • The shimmers are visible if you see it closely which can be annoying for some people.


WB verdict: Good

PS: You can see the product pan is having lots of scratches as it was kept in my makeup box.

I love to have your feedback 
Please share your experience with the product, in the below comment box. 
And do not forget to subscribe WooingBeauty for latest product reviews and daily fashion doze.


4 comments:

  1. The shade looks really pretty! Subtle and good for everyday use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shade, it does a good job for its price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes dear its a very nice shade, I always look for affordable ones so that I can explore much...

      Delete
  3. onething which i havent treid at all is Blushes...i do have few but still not comfortable to use
    pretty color btw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Feedback!!