Thursday 24 October 2013

Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies Waterproof Mascara Review !!

Hi Beauties,

Hope you all are enjoying this festive season to the core.
After being poked a number of times by some of my sweetest readers I have decided to go ahead and do a Mascara Review.

So, today I am going to review Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies Waterproof Mascara.






Ok, before I jump the gun, at the onset, it's kind of apology time for me ....
I don't want to blame my favorite festive season for my week long abstinence from the Blog world, but then the festive season can have its fair share of engagements which require a major chunk of our time and energy.

I wonder, how my mother used to take care of each and everything with so much ease. specially during these festive times...

Anyhow  coming back to the product I am reviewing today:
It is actually something I bought due to the unavailability of one of my favourite Maybelline colossal mascara.
I would like to mention that I don't splurge on mascaras as they tend to dry quite fast so this holds me back from buying oh so high end mascaras.

Read on to know my experience with the product...




Product nameMaybelline Volum Express the Falsies Waterproof Mascara 
Product Quantity: 7.5ml
Product colour: Black
Product Price: 425 INR
Product claims
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

False lash glam, instantly!  
• Patented Spoon Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping
• Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, fuller lashes, no gaps from any angle
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
• Waterproof, also available in Washable formula 

FOR BEST RESULTS

Hold brush with spoon side upwards against lashes and sweep from root to tip to fill in gaps and coat each lash with Kera-Fiber formula. Repeat until false lash look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Expert Eyes® Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover.




My encounter with Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies Waterproof Mascara: 
  • As in the picture,It is a magenta pink light weight mascara bottle with fat packaging which is good enough to hold.
  • The brush is a spoon brush according to the company but I would say the wand is a curved comb type which helps in applying the mascara from the roots of my lashes.
  • This mascara is having thinner formula compare to Maybelline's other variant and defines my lashes with much needed length. I love to give length to my lashes.
  • It gives enough volume if applied 2-3 coats and does not stiffen my lashes.
  • Stays on me for really long upto 5-6hrs or unless I remove with a cleanser.
  • the only pain I get..is It takes whole lot of time to remove completely from my lashes.
  • I have been using this for at least 2 months and I can see the product has started clumping, may be due to the air passes through the bottle during it's opening.
  • It does not give my lashes that 'Dramatic lash effect' but surely does mostly what it claims.

Woos:




  • The mascara defines lashes and adds length to it.
  • It does give you good volume with 2-3 coats of application.
  • It hardly clumps my lashes.
  • It is a waterproof formula so desirable for humid areas and for summers.
  • The wand is flexible so makes it easier to apply from root to top of my lashes.
  • It does not irritate my eyes while applying.
  • Stays on untill you remove it with cleanser.
  • As a whole it does pretty much all the things you want your mascara to do.
  • Affordable compared to most of the high end Mascaras.



Boos:
  • Ingredient list is not available on the bottle. Was it there on the cover?hmmm...I don't really remember. 
  • The hardest part is the removal of this mascara..I use olive oil to remove mine which conditions my lashes too.
  • A bit expensive compared to Maybelline's Colossal Mascara.


Dupes/Alternatives: I can right away ask you to try Maybelline Colossal Mascara first and then you try this.

WB Verdict: Very Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback!!