Thursday 26 September 2013

Lakme CC Cream : A Wooing Beauty Exclusive !!

Hi Beauties,

Hope all of you are rocking as usual!!

The festivals are knocking at our doors. Thanks to ever accommodating Mr. SR I am kind of in the middle of a Shopping Binge.


The sad part is, this is going to be the first Durga Puja in my life where I will be staying away from my City of Joy. 

On the flip side, I am going to enjoy and experience the Durga Puja in Bangalore in its full flow.

All girls will agree “We need time to Shop”. 

Simply just going to a mall and visiting some pre-planned shops and buying predetermined merchandises (like the way Mr. S.R. loves/wants me to do) does not work for us.

When it comes to shopping, I can’t just make "a" list, I need to visit places, “touch” the merchandises, feel the product, smell the fragrance etc. etc. then only I can buy them.

So when it comes to festive season it has always been a series of “long but rewarding” shopping sessions for me.

Anyways, coming to the product that I am going to review today, it is the recently launched Lakme Complexion Care Cream a.k.a CC cream.

Actually to be honest I didn’t have a good enough experience with BB creams from Maybelline and Garnier ( I read somewhere some company is coming up with a DD cream. I guess enough of alphabetical jugglery …lol )

So this time I was a bit apprehensive with this product.

However the ever persuasive SA was finally successful in convincing me to bring it home.

Read on for the full review…!!


As per their Official WebSite:
"Lakmé CC stands for Complexion Care cream. It combines the goodness of your daily skin cream with just the right touch of make-up to give you that perfect look in just a few minutes. Its skin care benefits include sun protection (SPF 20), moisturizing, brightening and freshness while its make-up benefits are an even skin tone and basic coverage"



Let us uncover the Product in a stepwise fashion:

Product name:        Lakme CC complexion care cream
Product Quantity:   30 ml
Product shelf life:   24 months
Available Shades:    Beige, Bronze
Product Price:         250 INR

Product Claims:  
Instantly Protects, Moisturises, Brightens, Evens skin-tone, Conceals, Freshens.

Product Usage
For better results dab over cleansed skin and blend in till it is absorbed. 
And for instant brightness and a perfect finish. Use everyday.

Product ingredients:


Packaging:
The first thing you will notice is its pretty polish magenta pink cover. It has all the relevant details that you would need.
The product itself comes in a long finger-like light sand-beige tube with a silver colour screw-cap opener.

Product Colour: 
Looking at it, the first thing that came to my mind is that it is somewhere between Ivory and Nude beige (quite similar to sandal colour )..

Product Texture: 
Have you ever used their loose powder? If yes, you will understand when I say it is a semi solid version of the same.
Actually it’s more of a moisturising cream formula.

Product coverage
They claim it to be a medium coverage cream.

My Encounter with Lakme CC cream
Now, in Make-Up world, mostly CC creams are sold as nothing but Colour Correcting Creams
Interestingly when Lakme had launched this product they have named it as CC Cream but had marketed it as a  Complexion Care Cream.

In a sense it is Lakeme’s version of CC Cream.

I have used this product both during daytime and evening time. During application I got a very mild flowery smell that stay just for a few minutes. Now the texture is such that you need to blend it either with fingers or a sponge.

I got a very patchy look while using fingers but after using the product with a sponge I could work with this easily. 

The colour did not suit me much as it’s a bit pale for my skin tone.

Although I had prepared my skin with oodles of moisturiser but still got the dry patches near forehead, chins and near the corner of my nose. 

Now It does brighten up your face instantly but wait, have I mentioned It also looks a bit whitish in person?

Hmm well... I think this is because of the SPF they have used in the product, however  after 15-20 minutes this looks more natural and gives you that dewy cheeks.

I would not suggest anyone to use this during evening time as this is having SPF which might block your pores. This does not cover much of my blemishes or pigmentations but definitely better than BB cream coverage which I got even after layering 2-3 times with that.

This easily lasts up-to 6-7 hours on me.






Dupes/ Alternatives
I don’t have any Idea if any other brand has come up with their CC cream but if any of the BB cream suits you then stick to that. I guess this will be redundant if you have dry or normal skin.


Conclusion:
  • This is a daily wearable, “All In One” product without much of hustle bustle but may NOT be appropriate for normal to dry skinned beauties.
  • Out of six product claims I don’t really agree with the moisturising and concealing points.
  • It looks a bit cakey initially but then blends with the skin tone after sometime and gives you a dewy finish.
  • Oily skinned beauties may need light powder puff after 2-3 hours.
  • This product is having SPF 20 (not specified whether covers UVA and PA++ together) which means this only protects UVB rays. I would suggest applying a layer of good sunscreen underneath.
  • I think for this product, there is a dearth of shades, (like you get in all other BB creams) which might compel you to either go for a lighter/Darker shade.
  • If you are staying in a very humid kind of area then this product may give you the best of results.
  • Honestly I did not understand much difference with other BB creams out their in the market.


WB verdict: Good




So please share your experience with the product, in the below comment box. 
And do not forget to subscribe WooingBeauty for latest product reviews and daily fashion doze.









6 comments:

  1. wow..nice review...
    i really want to try lakme cc cream..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tejinder, Do try this if you are an oily skinned beauty my dear, and thank you for liking my review!! :)

      Delete
    2. no dear...I have normal skin...but still want to try this one..

      u r welcome dear <3

      check out my recent post :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/nail-polish-aqua-shimmer-and-lolita.html

      Delete
  2. So many brands so many bbs
    Nice review
    Happy shopping for puja
    I'm hope Blore gives bit of nice puja exp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Feedback!!